CMP Steering Committee
The Crown Managers Partnership chooses an Interagency Steering Committee (Steering Committee) from their members, which includes representatives from aboriginal agenices; Federal, Provincial and State agencies; the Universities of Calgary and Montana; and the Secretariat. The Steering Committee strives for representation from a variety of geographic areas and resource management sectors.
The Steering Committee takes its direction from the Partnership through the Annual Forum, and implements that direction through annually-reviewed Strategic Plans and Annual Workplans.
Steering Committee responsibilities include:
- maintenance and direction of the strategic and annual work plans;
- fund development to support the CMP's work;
- promotion of the CMP, both within and outside of their own agencies;
- oversight of the Secretariat, and any other entities operating on the CMP's behalf; and
- maintenance of the Steering Committee membership.
The 2013 Steering Committee consists of the following representatives:
- Bill Dolan, Alberta Tourism, Parks and Recreation, AB
- Mary Riddle, Glacier National Park, MT
- Jon Jorgenson, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, AB
- Ian Dyson, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, AB
- Len Broberg, University of Montana, MT
- Mike Quinn, University of Calgary, AB
- Erin Sexton, Flathead Lake Biological Station, MT
- Steve Frye, Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation, MT
- Caryn Miske, Flathead Basin Commission, MT
- Dennis Madsen, Waterton Lakes National Park, AB
- Rob Davies, Flathead National Forest, MT
- Mike Munoz, Lewis and Clark National Forest, MT
- Greg Watson, United States Fish and Wildlife, MT
- Greg McDermid, University of Calgary, AB