The Crown Managers Partnership seeks to demonstrate leadership in addressing the environmental management challenges in the Crown region by adopting transboundary collaborative approaches to environmental management. The voluntary partnership seeks to build common awareness of Crown interests and issues, shape relationships, and identify collaborative and complementary tasks that the various participating jurisdictions can pursue.
The CMP seeks to improve the management of a large complex ecoregion containing multiple jurisdictions. This is accomplished by management agencies working together in the Crown of the Continent.
The Crown of the Continent Managers Partnership seeks to:
- build awareness of common interests and issues in the Crown of the Continent Ecosystem
- build relationships and opportunities for collaboration across mandates and borders
- identify collaborative work already underway and opportunities for further cooperation
CMP collaborative tasks include:
- Addressing cumulative effects of human activities across the ecosystem
- Addressing increased public interest in how lands are managed and how decisions are reached
- Addressing increased recreational demands and increased visitation
- Collaborate in sharing data, standardizing assessment and monitoring methodologies
- Addressing the maintenance and sustainability of shared wildlife populations